Good health isn’t just a number on the scale or even a certain size in clothes. Good health is a feeling you get when you’re doing all you can to live a healthy and fulfilling life. From eating right to exercising to reaching all of your goals, we will provide helpful information about being healthy in college.
We at Collegiate Risk Management, which is a nationwide student health insurance broker and consultant for over a 100 colleges and universities nationwide, understands how important your health is.
The Student Health and Wellness blog is meant to give you the tools and inspiration you need to live your best possible life. Our mission is to:
- Encourage you to have good physical, emotional and mental health
- Provide useful information about eating right
- Present ideas of how to live healthy
- Provide information about getting and maintaining health insurance
- Offer advice on succeeding in college
- Give tips and tricks to saving money on your healthcare
- Help you plan out your work out routine
- Answer any questions about health insurance, good health, college and/or your insurance plan
The #1 priority should be your health!
You can have all the money and friends in the world, but you can’t enjoy it if you’re sick or bedridden. Sadly, according to statistics from the research firm NPD Group, about 62% of adults and 34% of children in America are overweight or obese. Even more alarming is a study by the John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, which suggests that as much as 86% of the population could be overweight by the year 2030!
Let’s go beyond getting a college degree, and get healthy!